- That more than 60,000 adults in Onondaga County struggle with limited literacy and/or English skills?
- That research shows us that a child’s first teacher – the parent – has the most impact on the child’s ability to learn to read?
- That inter-generational poverty and illiteracy go hand-in-hand?
- That children who grow up in poverty are exposed to 30 million less words before kindergarten than other children?
- That “illiteracy” results in more than $106 billion of unnecessary health expenditures in the US annually?
- That LiteracyCNY enrolls more than 450 adult students into its instructional programs every year?
- That more than 200 volunteers donate their time to LiteracyCNY every year as tutors, test administrators, office workers, event volunteers, and Board Members?
- That LiteracyCNY instructional programs are provided cost-free to adult students, but the average cost for a year of study is more than $1,000 per student per year?
- That LiteracyCNY is an advocate for adult education and works in partnership with many other human service and education organizations in our community?
Click the button below to make a secure online credit card payment to LiteracyCNY via PayPal. You will be able to specify a donation amount on the next screen. You do not need a PayPal account to donate.